Expanded COVID-19 Testing
Beginning this week, MDHHS expanded testing criteria as the state continues to work to increase testing supplies and access. Now any Michigander displaying mild symptoms or any essential worker still reporting to work in person, whether symptomatic or not, is eligible to get a test with an order from a health care provider. Contact your healthcare provider for more information.
Weekly Update Schedule
We want to officially let everyone know that we are moving the 3:00 p.m. update to Tuesday and Thursday. In the event that there is time sensitive information, we will send out a special 3:00 p.m. email. We appreciate the comments that we received, and we continue our commitment to keeping everyone informed.
Executive Order 2020-60 Shopping Safety
Governor Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-60-Temporary Safety Measures for Food-Selling Establishments and Pharmacies. A few key points of the order:
- Individuals shopping in these stores must wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose.
- Employees of these stores must also wear a face covering
- These stores must set aside 2 hours per week for vulnerable populations to shop without being open to the general public.
- Self-serve prepared food stations such as salad bars must be closed
- These stores must also provide wash stations and must also close periodically to sanitize the store.
- The full Executive Order is located at https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-527059–,00.html