Next week we plan to do another Everbridge Test. A test message was not sent this week.
- This week is National Nurses’ Week and National Teachers’ Week, so take time to thank a nurse or a teacher for the difference they make in the lives of others.
- Today is CINCO DE MAYO!
- Today is also Giving Tuesday Now, which is focused on showing social connection and coming together on behalf of our communities, even while practicing physical distancing. Here are a few ideas:
Support healthcare workers by donating supplies, advocating for them, and staying home
Give to the organizations that you love most. No amount is too little and nonprofits need our support
Help out small businesses by buying gift cards or writing an online review
Combat loneliness by reaching out to neighbors, relatives, seniors, or veterans
Visitor Restrictions Extended
- Governor Whitmer extended the visitor restrictions until May 31, 2020, as we continue to focus on preventing the spread of COVID-19
- This will be difficult for our residents and clients
- Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10, and Holland Home facilities are planning special ways for the residents to celebrate Mother’s Day.
Mental Health Awareness
- May is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Governor Whitmer and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services has set-up mental health resources that are free to all residents of Michigan.
We all experience stress especially as we deal with child care, home schooling, loss of family income, lack of social time, and the length of time we have been experiencing the stay at home orders
It is important to think about our own mental health
We need to find ways to manage our stress, and here are a few things to consider:
Limit the amount of COVID-19 information that you are reading or listening to by selecting one reliable resource and one time per day to get your update
Schedule your day
Plan meal time
Plan fun time
Get outside and enjoy the fresh air as the weather permits
Think about positive moments in your life and take time to celebrate.
HeadSpace is also free to Michigan Residents. This web service offers meditation, exercises, and other activities to help you relax and decrease anxiety. Here is the link.
Here is the link to the Michigan Mental Health resources:
These links will be posted on mycls.org under self-care so you have an easy access point