1. Start by going to the main Kronos website. If you do not have it bookmarked, you can get there by going to mycls.org and look for KRONOS in the menu bar.
Note: For this to work, you need to have an e-mail address registered in Kronos. HR will typically enter your personal e-mail from when you were first hired, although you may have changed it at some point on your own.
2. Once you are at the main page, look for the “Forgot Password” link that is shown in the screen shot to the right. It should be located under the normal log in button.
Clicking on the Forgot Password button will take you to the screen to the left where you are given 3 different options on how to confirm your identity.
Any should work, but it is recommended that you use your
Username / badge number since you know that that value is unique to you.
3. Once you have entered your information, hit the Submit button. This will take you to the below screen telling you that an e-mail has been sent to your address on file.
4. You should get an email similar to the below within a few minutes. Keep in mind that, per the note above, it may come to your personal e-mail account instead of coming to your CLS supplied work account as employees are responsible for maintaining their own contact information within Kronos.
5. Once you get the e-mail, click on the link. It will take you to the screen pictured to the left. This is where you enter the throw-away password. Do not enter your desired password now! Kronos will make you change it the next time that you logon and you will lose. The following is an example:
Remember that this temporary password still has to follow the normal rules:
Repeat Note: The system will is going to require that you change your password again as part of this process. Do not use here a password that you wish to keep.
6. Assuming that your new password meets requirements, you will see the screen to the right when you hit the submit button.
From here, you need to go back to the main login screen. As when you started, you can go to mycls.org then click on the KRONOS link. Or you can just hit the link marked “Return to Login Page” which I have highlighted in screenshot.
7. Once you are back on the login page, try logging in again like you normally would with your new / temporary password that you just set above. The system will now ask you to change your password a second time.
For “Old Password” enter the new / temporary password that you just set up above one more time.
For “New Password” and “Confirm Password” enter what you want your new password to be. This will be the password that you keep until it expires.
8. When you hit Submit, it may take you to a “User Profile” page which will look similar to the left. If it takes you here than you can simply close out the tab and go back to the main login page as normal.